New Features in Museek Plus
Since forking from Museek, there's been a decent number of new features added. You can check the ChangeLog for more changes.
- Room Searching (Initially, by SeeSchloss, and later with the new Room Search message, 120)
- Replaced User Searching peer messages with the new User Search server message, (message 42)
- Interests and Recommendations messages connected up and accessable my the clients.
- A new type of user, the Trusted User.
- Only Trusted Users are allowed to send you files. (and even this is can be disabled)
- Created a seperate Buddies-Only Shared files list, with modifications to muscan and muscand. (this can be toggled)
- Museekd can be manually disconnected and reconnected to the server
- Museekd sends out responses to message 26 (normal file search)
- Museekd quits attempting to reconnect to server if another client has kicked it off (message 41)
- Redirect User info and browse user requests to yourself from your Internet IP to 127.0.0.1 to get around NATs and routers.
- Made updating your own shares count work by sending a peer_status request immediately afterwards.
- Added peer message 52, the Remote Queue Notification. If a remote user attempts to upload to you, but is not a trusted user, it will now get an automatic Private Message warning the user of this.
- Rewrote the User Shares parsing function in messages.py, so now mucous' browsing speed is comparable to browsing in museeq.
- Added a new Status Message (for server messages) that is passed on to the clients.
- Finished Send Speed, so that when files finish downloading, it uploads the average speed of the other user to the server.
- Allow Download Folder request with or without a trailing slash, for compatibility's sake.
- Removed museekctl and other defunct python scripts. Added museekcontrol.
- Made mucous part of Museek-Plus
- Added man pages for museekd, muscan, muscand, musetup, museeq, mulog, mucous, and museekcontrol
- New Status messages: Browse requests, browse refusals, userinfo requests, transfer finishing
- Option in the config for automated messages (requested by lartza)
Museeq Specific Features
- Banned and Ignored lists are now in Museeq (in User info)
- Interests and Recommendations messages are implemented in Museeq.
- Colors and fonts in Museeq's Chat are now changeable via the Colors and Fonts settings dialog
- Added some desktop icons, and (daal/Imperial Knight's) museeq icon themes
- Disabling of Tickers in museeq
- Added an edit comments popup menu item to users lists. Is only enabled for buddies.
- Help in museeq
- Museeq has a new toggleable Log pane at the bottom of it's window for Server Status Messages.
- Removed trailing / from being sent on Download Folder requests,
- Added a bunch of new commands to Museeq's chat and a Menu to switch to the different panes.
- Added a text label in Museeq's browse pane, for notification on if a user's shares have been recieved, and if so, whether they are sharing.
- Museeq can now configure more of museekd's settings with the new Museek Settings dialog.
- Added Inline slsk:// handler, so that pasting a link from your share's into chat will allow other users or yourself to click on it and start downloading.
- Museeq can launch museekd. Launching is configured in the ConnectDialog (which has been rewritten in C++).
- Added a TrayIcon. Disable it with --no-tray.
- Page Up/Page Down/arrows chat log scrolling in museeq (requested by y00sah)
- Online-alert messages can be toggled to display in a popup or in the log window (requested by chs_kasper)
- Rewrite of most Internal variable storage, code cleanup.
- Made Room Status log scrollable
- Finished Interests and recommendations
- Fixed the input-disappearing bug (happened on PM messages)
- Fixed some config options not getting saved
Last modified 17 years ago Last modified on 07/07/06 15:11:43
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.